Monday 21 April 2014

Tell Me What It's Like...

by G!

Tell me what it's like to be in love;
I'll tell you what it's like get a taste of love
And then have the feeling dissolve away.

Tell me what it's like to love another;
I'll tell you what it's like to love yourself.

Tell me how far you want to go;
I'll tell you about the oath of celibacy I swore
To a God you don't believe in.

Tell me what's it like to experience change;
I'll tell you what it's like to be resistant to change.

Tell me about how you love someone;
I'll tell you about how I love something.
(The thing I'm talking about is music.)

Tell me what it's like to want more;
I'll tell you what it's like to have enough.

Tell me how you miss someone when they're absent;
I'll tell you how I, for the most part,
Just thinks about something else instead.

Tell me what it's like to feel;
I'll tell you what it's like to want to feel.

Tell me I'm cold, passionless, insensitive.
Because for the most part, I still am.

No comments:

Post a Comment