Tuesday 3 June 2014

Untitled

G!

I have once mused that
I, and people everywhere,
We believe in God, because
There is nothing else to
Believe in.
Little did I know of
The truth in that statement
Until I realize now that
I have placed faith in a
Lesser thing.
I have lost all faith
In the education system,
Which I should say comes
As a surprise to nobody, or
Should it?
I am sick of doing
Things I don't want to do,
Listening to people who
Have no real qualification to
Judge me.
So why am I a
Yet a slave to this careless,
Indifferent bureaucracy
To which I am a sequence
Of numbers?
Once a loyal servant,
Now I see the master's
True form, and what do I
Do but feel very, hopelessly
Powerless?
I remain inscribed,
Indentured by a system
That retains me and
Cares not about my
Well-being.
I have lost all faith
In homework and
Assignments, and these
Meaningless digits they
Call grades.
I once believed I
Could leave this trap with
All I could take; instead,
It has taken everything
From me.

No comments:

Post a Comment