Tuesday 17 March 2015

Clueless in Romance

G!

The general rule is that
The more you are acquainted
With something the more you
Will come to know about it. By
That I mean the who, what, when,
Where and how, a manual for the
Cogs in the machine that makes
The thing work the way it is - and
If it's not too much trouble the 'Why'
Might also like to shed some light
On its secrets or hidden devices. So
Allow me to wonder why I know
So little about love though I've now
Been its companion for 3 years.
Allow me also to ask why I still
Scratch my head when I read your
Love poems, because the sensations
You describe are entirely foreign to
Me (not the ticklish feeling on the
Side of my bum when our faces
Touch - I feel that too because
I have sensitive nerves - but all
The seemingly transcendental
Experiences your prose hints
At so elusively), though not so
Foreign as to make me not
Lose sleep over it.
You know the feeling when
You're on the threshold of
A profound realization - the
Significance of which you
Have yet to grasp? Well I
Seem to be on that threshold,
Flattening myself against an
Translucent barrier that lets
Me see only shadows of what
Lies beyond my scope of
Understanding, and reveals
Nothing further. Obviously
You are telling me something
Profound (profound to you
At least), and sadly the
Substance of that profoundness
Is lost on me. It's like a letter
In invisible ink, I'd like to read
Its secrets, but I don't have the
Light to shine on the words.
You like to end your poems
With a question, so allow me
To confess that my mind
Comes up blank when I try to
Articulate the thoughts to
Generate my own such poems
And answer your inquiries. An
Unanswered question weighs
Heavily on my mind; you've
Given me several that left me
Speechless in reply. I pride
Myself on asking all the
Difficult questions, but
It looks like you're the
One giving me the most
Difficult ones all along.

No comments:

Post a Comment