Thursday 14 April 2011

Classic...

An add on to my previous post; try to start with short classics to read and save the long ones after you've mastered the short ones. Gosh, in this age when mainstream books flourish the market, it's hard to sit down with a classic bulk. What is a classic even? I'll tell you this, when I read and can not hope to make corrections to the material I am reading, that is when I am reading a work of far greater knowledge than what I possess, and that's classic enough for me. Basicaly, what I think defines a classic is a work not everyone can write, copy in a similar style, or digest in full understanding.
So, only read a classic if you have nothing better to read, and that is my truthful advice to you.
Think about the sentence above, read it again and think about it.
Get it?  

No comments:

Post a Comment