Saturday 11 February 2012

2012 Academy Awards

I haven't written on this blog since back when I didn't know what ttyl meant. I think it's a good place to start now with movies (I know few will read this blog, so I will simply rant on alone to my own ears and perhaps the keen ears of a few supportive others), since I'm a moviegoer. What better place to start with the movies than with one of the few TV shows I watch all year? The Academy Awards (it's on February 26th, if you're wondering)!

I started taking notice in movies since 2008, and realized since how much I love them. I haven't seen many Academy Award Ceremonies actually but I've seen many movies (especially ones that were, or should have been nominated for an Academy Award for best picture). Here are this year's best picture nominees (the first four of nine which I've seen already): The Artist, The Tree of Life, Midnight in Paris, The Descendants, War Horse, Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close, Hugo, The Help, and Moneyball.

Good pics not nominated for best pic are Bridesmaids (I've had the great fortune of watching it on DVD, best comedy in ages!), The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy, Drive, Harry Potter the finale (this one I saw too, best movie in the series), and We Need to Talk About Kevin, since I haven't seen the whole lot of them, I won't make any obtusely prejudiced comments yet, though I have one thing to say about Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close getting a nomination: the critics sure aren't agreeing with the Academy Voter's decision...that movie has a 48% grade on Rotten Tomatoes for little-golden-naked-statue's sake!

That's all for now, and hope my writer's block ease and let me write! (I promised a friend to publish a short story here - a rewrite of a previous final draft - and I aim to fulfill that promise!)

1 comment: