Monday 20 February 2012

I'm Dreaming

By G!

I got a fast car; I'm speeding.
I hear sirens; the cops are chasing me.
I run another red light; the cops do the same.
I think; law enforcers gotta break the law to catch lawbreakers.
I laugh; it's funny how cops and robbers work.
I stomp on the gas; they just sent a chopper after me.
I put on some shades; that searchlight's distracting me.
I don't get it; how can a chopper fly so fast?
I guess it's how things always work; birds fly, and flying beats walking, running.
I light a lighter with both hands; you don't need arms to drive.
I take a drag on the lit wooden pipe; it's what cool people smoke.
I like the pipe; pipes are sophisticated (better than joints and smokes).
I turn the radio louder; it drowns out the megaphone the cops are using.
I tap my fingers to the radio's beat; no lyrics.
I honk the horn; there's nothing in my way, everything's behind me.
I'm not surprised; the cops just won't give up.
I wish someone's riding with me; I won't be that lonely.
I imagine someone riding with me; I'd have someone to talk to.
I say to my companion "where would you go?"; I haven't a clue.
I sigh; you're always alone in your dream.
I open my eyes, and I'm staring at a white ceiling...

I wrote this at 12 pm, and it might look like I wasn't thinking properly. I'm not sure I was either.

No comments:

Post a Comment