Thursday 16 February 2012

Mission: (way too) Possible

I'm having an awesome day! I have NO homework! I (do) have a few projects to do but heck with all that! Tonight I'm watching Mission: Impossible 1 and 2, (old movies in the days when Tome Cruise made some great movies too), and I'm saving (or leaving) work for later on (Mission: Impossible is more important). You might call me a procrastinator, but have you seen Mission: Impossible?

I'm about to do rework on a short story I wrote a long time ago. I have finally decided upon some way to approach the editing, now all I need is the how. The problem is: I need to write a first-person narrative that makes "I geted into the car" sound intelligent and not like it was said by a sped who's still learning English. If you've read A Clockwork Orange, you might understand what I mean. I have to create a new version of English that isn't called dumb-speak, and so far I haven't found the intelligence capacity to undertake such a task successfully...yet, I hope.
Any suggestion is helpful; how about if I crack open a thick dictionary (and thesaurus) and try to use every five-syllable adjective I can find? Will that prove the protagonist in my story is not dumb, but only communicating differently?

No comments:

Post a Comment