Wednesday 15 February 2012

Poetry

I rarely write poetry, but this is one of those cheesy times when I got something I just have to write down, here goes (and it rhymes too! I can rarely make a poem rhyme so this is a rarity):

A Hypothesis on Love


Being in love feels great,
The feelings are first-rate.
I don’t want to be anywhere,
But with my love right here.

You can call me cheesy,
That love’s easy-peasey.
Well, trust me,
It’s easier for a sane man to go on a killing spree.

Love is joy; is effort,
Love is simple? Nothing of the sort!
And love is the smallest gesture,
And the greatest treasure.

The sister of love is hate,
And theirs is a common fate.
Without one another,
Love is nothing but bother.

Love is a secret best unexplained,
Let it soar, not caged insane.
If in love you try to explain,
Love will surely leave you in vain.

If you've read carefully you can tell,
I am not under love’s spell.
For here’s my attempt to explain love; I was never in love.

3 comments:

  1. heeheehee :) very cute
    and a good hypothesis from someone who's never experienced it. although I get a sneaking suspicion that some of this comes from my awkward conversation with you about this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! As a matter of fact, I think I should make this poem a dedication to you, how else could I have been able to come up with a poem about love (a rhyming poem!)?

      Delete
    2. haha, I'm very honoured :D glad I could help!
      and rhyming poems are very hard. I know. which is why all my poems are free-verse and never rhyme.

      Delete